Wednesday, December 24, 2008

 

Christmas Eve

(backposting) Well, it's all very exciting, obviously. Though Jo, when asked whether she was excited this morning, replied that she was because she's going to see Turtle and Mouse on Boxing Day, and only mentioned presents and Christmas Day after that.

I've had a day of computer stuff, as it turns out that Kate's desktop (5+ years old?) died during a software upgrade last night. So, we went to PC World to buy her a laptop, via Maplin to buy an IDE->USB cable, and bought her an Acer in their clearance section. It's a lovely little machine, and the Ubuntu 8.10 ("Intrepid Ibex") install is so easy - I've only done upgrades before. I've so far been unable to get anything at all off her old drive: I suspect that it was that dying which killed the machine. Anyway, all working very well, and now Kate can work around the house if she wants to.

We (Kate and I) took the girls to a crib service at East Leake, which was packed, and which the girls enjoyed immensely. Glynis, the incumbent, very kindly allowed me to take part robed in the Midnight Mass, and I not only did the intercessions, but also served, which was a real honour, particularly as they have a deacon, Claire, who very graciously let me do lots of things which are, by right, her territory. I enjoyed myself so much, and would have been so sad if I'd not had the chance to take part in a service. Thanks to both of them. In bed by 0100...

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?