Sunday, December 21, 2008

 

Celebratory service

(backposting) Today was the 40th anniversary of my father's ordination to the diaconate, and he officiated at a Eucharist at Cheddar, where he's a been a curate for the past 18 years. I deaconed for him for the first time, which was lovely, and all of the family came apart from Jo (who'd thrown up in before the service) and Moo (who stayed back to look after her). Miri came up and slept in my arms before I handed her back to Jim when I went up to serve Dad at the altar. It was just brilliant, and she was very well behaved. Some of my happiest earliest memories are of going up to be with Dad when he was assisting at services, so I'm glad that the girls are getting the chance to do it as well.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?