Sunday, November 30, 2008

 

Water my couch with my tears

I got up this morning and sent Moo back to bed so that she could get some more sleep. I was due to deacon at the 0800 service, but texted James (who was presiding and had already told me not to worry if I didn't make it) to say that Moo wasn't well, and neither was I, so when Moo came down at 0730, I sent her back up to bed, where she went back to sleep.

At around 0820, she was awoken by tears - mine. I'd just lost it, and had suddenly burst into tears downstairs with the girls. I wasn't angry at them, but it had just got too much: Jo had been badgering me a bit, but nothing major. Moo came down, I burst into tears again, texted James to tell people I wouldn't make the 1000 either, and went to bed, where I slept for 3 hours. I couldn't put my finger on any rational issue - the only thing was that I felt I'd been saying "no" to the girls for ages, but that's not rational at all.

Anyway, we went out for lunch, and I took the girls to an indoor play centre for some of the afternoon so that Moo could do some work, so I wasn't that bad. Tomorrow, I intend to sleep even more, as I'm due to fly to New York on Tuesday.

We've not had a break without children for 3 and a half years, and we've all been ill, and we're all tired. It's just one of those things, and I'm about to go to bed. Peace be with you.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
been there. May the God of peace be with all of you.
 
take care of your lovely selves xxx
 
Ah lovely Mike, have been there too. I got into bed this week and also had a good cry. Nothing wrong, just tiredness, and a faint niggling thought in the back of my mind that I should have been nicer to the children that day (also a day of saying "no"). You're a good man.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?