Monday, November 10, 2008

 

Travel

(backposting) Up early - I heard children's voices outside the door, and did one of those bolt-up-right-in-bed-where-am-I things before realising I was in a hotel and the neighbouring room's kids were in the corridor. Got up anyway, and before long Lee (a colleague) and I were off to Gatwick. Air Transat wasn't too bad, watched Hancock (ridiculous, fairly amusing) and The Incredible Hulk, (just plain silly). Managed not to watch "PS, I love you", which I'm not even going to grace with a link.

After a stop-over in Montreal (grrr), when we didn't even get off the plane, on to Toronto. We arrived a little early, so I managed some meetings, which was very useful. I really miss the opportunity to stand in front of a white board with someone else, designing stuff on the fly: it's one of the kicks of the job. Anyway, got the chance to do that today.

Back to the hotel, drinks and round-table discussion with our CEO, then Brian drove me, Dan and Craig (whose first day it was, though Brian and I knew him from his previous job) to Brian's place. I beat Mackenzie, Rachel and Brian's 7-year-old, at Wii tennis, which is a relief, because he beat me rather convincingly last time I was over.

We then had a lovely meal - just the adults - and Rachel and I drank the nice bottle of Pouilly-Fumé that I'd brought along, as Brian would be driving, and the other two didn't want to drink. Yay! Then, whilst Brian, Dan and Craig had a dull chat about work, Rachel and I had a great long natter about stuff. Ranging through child sex education, faith, preaching, jobs, virtualisation, etc., etc.. It was great to catch up, as although we Facebook each other quite often, we've only met once before, but get on very well.

Then Brian drove us back to the hotel, I managed a single Lagavulin, and hit the sack around 2300.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?