Sunday, September 21, 2008

 

OCD

Moo: "Given that you've got OCD, I'm amazed that you can't unpack a dishwasher properly."

I do, though not badly: and one of the things about OCD, as I understand it, is that it's not about rationality: I have ways of doing things, and I'm happiest if they stay that way.

Church

We started off our "Come & See" week of mission today at the 1000 Eucharist. I really enjoyed the service, and had to do lots of deaconing things. Not just reading the Gospel, preparing the altar and clearing after Communion, but also coordinating two stations for communion, both of which ran out of separate elements (bread and wine) and had to have movement between them. I enjoyed it a lot, and actually had a great time during the service, too. I've been enjoying the services more and more in Halstead. In the afternoon we went to a "Jeux sans Frontières" team thingy at Gosfield. It wasn't really J sans F's, but we had fun and there was a service afterwards which we all stayed for, followed by a barbecue.

While Miri had a sleep before lunch, Jo and I played. She wanted me to a little sister, and her to be Mummy. Which meant that I was basically Miri. She wanted to put me to bed, and I played at being Miri while she was patient and loving. When she thought I was "asleep", she went out of the room (as we do), and then came back a little later to give me a kiss and put a teddy in my arms. It was just beautiful.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Do you find it makes you a bit obsessive about all the deaconing type stuff? I'm constantly worrying I've done the wrong things in the wrong order, or tweaking the corporal a couple of millimeters, or making the crosses on the chalices all point in the same direction...
 
Not particularly. BUT NOW YOU'VE MENTIONED IT...

Aaaaaaaargh. What a nightmare. Now I'm going to have to have things just right...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?