Monday, September 29, 2008

 

25 hours

(backposting) Well, I ended up phoning the girls before I went to bed, an hour or so after they'd got up, which confused Jo more than a little. I was up for 25 hours, with a couple of short naps in the middle, with a day which went like this: It looks quite simple when you lay it out like that, doesn't it? Doesn't show the waiting times, either...

On the plane to Calgary, I read Alan Bateman's book They Gave Their Lives. about 12 different members of the Salvation Army who gave their lives for their faith. It was very inspiring, and quite emotional in places, too. I'd not had a chance to take communion today - I always try to do so on a Sunday, as is my canonical duty - and this, for me, was a kind of sacrament.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
sounds exhausting to me; glad you enjoyed the book.

I am not sure how I would deal with the eucharist being a sacramental duty. I hold the sacraments highly and endaavour to recieve communion as often as I can... but a duty ...hmm that does not sit too well with me; must be my rebellious free church nature breaking through!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?