Sunday, August 10, 2008

 

My first sermon at Halstead

I preached on Peter's lack of faith giving him wet feet. I talked about how fear, and doubt, and failure don't seem to be very Godly, but how they're very human. And how Jesus was, arguably, the greatest human failure of all time (he started as Son of God, and ended up asking why God had forsaken him, after being betrayed by his friends). But how his resurrection means that faith never ends in failure. I was very pleased with it, and a number of people were very appreciative afterwards.

I'm still enjoying deaconing.

Labels:


Comments:
A great Scripture to preach on, having said that I led a contemplative service this evening and after the reading offered a couple of suggestions and left things to the Holy Spirit- awesome stuff!
 
I thoroughly enjoyed preaching this passage today (nothing like yours, needless to say) - but I'm still trying to get my head round all the folding involved in being a deacon. I'm sure that folding stuff is barely mentioned in the NT or OT...
 
What exactly are you folding? Sheets? T- towels??? And why???
 
Turns out folding is very important. Mostly small pieces of linen.
 
well you are both welcome to practice on my laundry at any time...

Obviously Methodists are messy- no folding here!
 
Folding??? I went into Church on Monday morning and found the corporal still on the altar under the dust cover! Not much folding gone on there...
 
There is a lot to be said for a plain table, none of those fancy altar cloths, no fancy bits of linen to fold.....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?