Sunday, August 17, 2008

 

Advantages, disadvantages

Having a large garden. Having two kids under 4. Working full-time. Training for ordination, then getting ordained. Being useless with machinery (so the strimmer and mower are always breaking down). Not all conducive to keeping the garden under control.
Disadvantages
I have to use the strimmer to clear the drive
I have to use the strimmer to clear the driver's side doorways to Moo's car
I have to use the strimmer to clear the passenger's side doorways to my car
I have to use the strimmer to mow the lawn (not just because the mower's dodgy, but because the lawn's so overgrown)
strimming the lawn leads to rather more sets of undiscovered dog poo than I'd expected
strimming the lawn leads to more dog poo being spread round than I'd expected
I get rather more scratches and nettle stings than I'd expect
Advantages
a really bumper blackberry crop this year

Diving

It's a conspiracy. First the girls give me a scuba diving game on the Wii for my birthday. Then I book on a training course in Las Vegas, where I did my PADI Advanced diving course, and then the BBC shows the Pacific Abyss. I want to dive again.

Labels: ,


Comments:
hmmm minus the dog poo your garden souds like mine! One of the former ministers was an excellent gardener, we have let the side down badly...

...but then we have a boat... and we all know that boats need care and attention; no time for gardening!

Hope you get to go diving soon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?