Sunday, July 13, 2008

 

My first "talk" as a deacon

(backposting) At Earl's Colne, this morning for an 0800 Communion, and then a 1000 Family Service. Both went well, and I gave the talk at the Family Service. It was on the parable of the Sower, and we were giving out seed corn to plant. I took some photos, and found some online, which I used as part of the talk, as there's a projector and Powerpoint available. I was quite pleased with how it went: I'd been touched by the place of the Sower on preparing for the talk. Usually, I've identified with the seed, rather than the Sower, but I concentrated on the responsibility to sow this time.

After I got back, we all went to the Clare fair/fete. We went last year, and Jo got her face painted then, too. And chose the same design! Doughnuts, ice cream... And after that, swimming. Jo did some great swimming, and I was very proud.

Now, if only the girls would get to bed quicker. And not get up in the middle of the night...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?