Sunday, July 06, 2008

 

My first services

Today, I performed the services of a deacon for the first time as a member of the clergy. I deaconed at the 0800 at Colne Engaine church (BCP communion), and made my Affirmation of Assent (telling everybody that I believe the right stuff and will do as I'm told) at the 1000 Family Service at the same church. Viv was very supportive and helpful, and it was a joy. I was nervous, but it felt right, too.

Moo brought the girls to the second service, which I was very pleased about. It was hard for her, though, as Jo wanted to go to the swings that were near the carpark, and let Moo know about it throughout the service. And I had to stay afterwards for tea/coffee and cakes (we are CofE, after all), and couldn't be with them, which was also hard, so it wasn't perfect, but I was so happy they were there.

When I got back, the girls were asleep in the car (not Moo!), so I took over while Moo made me a cup of tea. I'd not had the opportunity to say Morning Prayer yet, so I said it in the car, and then had a bit of a sleep.

After more play with the girls (Moo elected to have a tidy and hoover, leaving me with them - though I offered), we all went swimming. Then waffles for supper, then bath and bed. Miri took 5 minutes, Jo over 50. Not good. But it gave me a chance to cook a large chicken, and we even had gravy with it. Whilst I was cooking, my mate Gary called for a chat. He was ordained today, and I'd left a message for him yesterday. Good to chat, and he had some good stories to tell. Really, really good to hear from him, despite the fact that he's from the Other Place.

I'm going to keep this entry open until someone wins the Wimbledon Men's Final. Assuming that's tonight...

And it's Nadal! What a match.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Hey dude, glad it went well. Was thinking of you and yes, prayed for you today (maybe I shouldn't admit that in public...). We went to the Kedington 9:30 family communion as we have to sort out Boo's Christening and we knew John would be giving the service. Your godson had two questions which he forgot to ask you or the bishop last week:
1) Who made god,
2) Does god like chocolate.

Wooly answer on #1 but morgs seemed happy, and a definate yes on #2, otherwise he wouldn't have created the recipe ;)

Even got in with a local farmer so hopeing to get some shooting out of it as well :) marvelous. Now we have a kid free week ! :D
 
Glad the service went well.
 
Was thinking of you and really glad it went well.

xxx
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?