Monday, July 07, 2008

 

Frustration

A frustrating day. My old laptop just won't cut the mustard for the testing I need to do, I discovered around noon. So I went to PC World in Colchester to price up a new machine. Got that done by around 1330. Sent off emails asking for approval to buy it. Did some phoning, come 1420. People out of the office, on holiday, etc.. In the end, got the machine approved, bought it, installed it, etc.. Nice piece of kit. Pity that the license key I have for the software I need to install doesn't seem to work on 64bit systems. Aaaaaaaaaaargh. Trying to sort this now.

The other frustration's of a very different kind, and revolves round really not knowing how the very important vote on women bishops is going in the General Synod. There are various blogs, but I'm having problems working out exactly what amendments are good or bad, and where they're going. The main question seems to be about whether there will be legal provision to help those who aren't in agreement: in other words, enshrining discriminatory practice in law. It seems that the bishops and clergy (who make up two sets of constituents) are more progressive, on the whole, than the laity (who make up the 3rd set). We'll see. And pray, of course.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
They just covered the vote on the BBC news at 10 just before handing over to lookeast. Voted for women bishops with the caveat that those parishes that don't want one can have a male bishop for their needs !! sounds barmy to me.

Si
 
I'm looking forward to reading your analysis on this - I understand that Si's summary is correct (wasn't there a spitting image cartoon where Major kept saying and contradicting the same fact over and over again)...

Tho on the bright side - and after a wine - I guess this is a start?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?