Sunday, June 08, 2008

 

Finished

Last day of ERMC. A final Group D worship session, breakfast, a 3rd session on global Christianity: Cathy did a fascinating presentation on Indian Christian spirituality. I'd really like to find out more, actually. So would she, after doing the research, apparently. A round-up Q&A session with staff, then photos, then the final Eucharist. The choir sang the Stanford in G Nunc Dimittis, and I did the baritone solo. Half-way through, I was shaking so hard I could hardly hold the copy still, and nearly threw up. But I kept it together. And it went well.

Sad to see people go. But it's done. Nearly 3 years of my life, and the next step is ordination in 3 weeks. I was talking to someone about this last week, and it's a little like before I married Moo. Of course I'm apprehensive, and of course I don't know exactly what I'm letting myself in for, but it's the right thing, and I don't have any doubts about that.

Got home, took the girls out to the local playground, and a little later did a barbecue for a family supper. Ironing in the evening.

Labels: ,


Comments:
how strange- singing the Nunc- to ironing I guess that both could be seen as sacraments in their own way!

Praying for you as you head to ordination- goodness ERMC is going to be strange now!

Peace be with you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?