Friday, April 04, 2008

 

A hard day

A really, really hard work day. I'm not sure it's going to work out, but I really think I've done all I can. And I'm proud of what I've done: I've worked really hard.

Revelation Friday 5

Sally's turn to set the Revgals Friday 5 this week:
With this Sunday's gospel reading in mind, that wonderful revelation of Christ to the companions on the Emmaus road. I wonder where you might have been surprised by God's revelation recently.

So with no further waffle I offer you this weeks Friday 5:

How has God revealed him/herself to you in a:

1. Book
Recently? No Future: Queer Theory And The Death Drive - Lee Edelman. Just because I disagree with lots of it. There's some great theory, but it ignores the promise of Christ, and I'm looking forward to a writing a response.

2. Film

Check out Pangea day

3. Song
"I know that my Redeemer Liveth" - Handel's Messiah. A close call against "The trumpet shall sound", which, after all, has "and we shall be changed" in it. But the joy of the former is fantastic.

4. Another person
Miri. Just the pure, unadulaterated joy of the littlest things, even listening to "Yakety Sax" (the Benny Hill chase theme tune) on my mobile phone.

5. Creation
I went for a walk with Buster (our dog) the other day, and you could just hear spring being sprung. Nothing could keep itself still

Bonus answer: your choice- share something encouraging/ amazing/ humbling that has happened to you recently:
"And we shall be saved."

Labels:


Comments:
...Worked hard, done your best, no-one could or should ask more...

btw add to that list- you helped a friend in a big way!
 
Hope your Saturday is restful and that you get to enjoy that spring that has sprung!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?