Saturday, March 29, 2008

 

Sermon

I'm not going to be preaching it until at least the beginning of July, but I'm beginning to worry, already, about my first sermon as a deacon. This is silly, I realise, but that's just running round my head. Do you preach to the lectionary (something I'm not overly given to), or to the season, or to recent events, or speak about myself, or curacy, or the diaconate? I literally have no idea. And it's obviously, obviously too early to think about it.

I'm currently going through the "why isn't everybody else so enthusiastic about the Gospel, then?" phase. This, I'm given understand, is typical of nearly-deaconed ordinands. Expecting to enthuse everybody else is a dangerous fallacy, and I'm glad, at least, that I've seen it. And enthusiasm is good. But needs watching.

Now Moo's not well. Hope she gets better soon. I've done a part dog-poo clearance, and 90% of the ironing (ran out of coat-hangers), and cooked supper. And spent around an hour getting Jo to sleep. But I hate it when Moo's ill. Particularly as it's partly due to overwork.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
I've got a sermon series planned for Advent, but aren't you preaching before July?
 
Speaking as somone who preaches every week- the lectionary is a Godsend- and it makes a lot of sense! It is easy to write it off when you preach now and then, but I find the challenge to preach on some of the Bibles trickier passages to be good!
 
Yes, I'm preaching before then. But I'm worried about _that_ one!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?