Sunday, March 23, 2008

 

Christ is risen!

He is risen indeed! Hallelujah!

I attended Eucharist with my mother-in-law (Kate), Jojo and my niece Turtle. There was a bit for kids before the main sermon, and I was angered/saddened by the fact that the officiating priest just let the two kids stand in front of her, holding hands, just _waiting_ to be included, while talking to the children to the left, who were clearly known, and talking over the two little ones. They just stood there, hoping to be part of it, and were talked over. Literally.

What a message to send to two under 5s, and what a message to send to a congregation. I was fuming by the end, which really isn't how I like to finish an Easter service.

Labels: ,


Comments:
((Mike)), and no it should not have been so!
 
that makes me feel very sad.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?