Tuesday, February 26, 2008

 

One hour

(backposting) I went down to the bar for a drink before going out with some folks from the meeting tonight, and sat next to a guy who was reading through some record cards. They were clearly short texts from the Bible, and I asked him about them. He works for IBM, but also has a lay ministry working, mainly with homeless people, on helping people beyond just "accepting Christ" and further into trying to the lift the veil that is made up of our past experience and clinging to idols, and moving to a closer experience of God. He attends a Methodist church, but isn't strongly demonminational.

An interesting chat, and one of the things that he sometimes says to people is "imagine that Jesus is sitting in the next room, and you have just one hour to spend with him. What would you do?" He says that many people shy away. I don't think I would, but I became sad thinking about how what I suspect I'd find most difficult: I think Jesus might want to wash my feet, and I'm not sure how well I'd cope.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?