Wednesday, February 06, 2008

 

Ash Wednesday in SecondLife

I didn't get a chance to attend a service today, but happened to log into SecondLife 15 minutes before one of the ministry team was due to start a service, so I stayed around.

I'd forgotten what a powerful service you can have around Ash Wednesday, and this was one of them. I listened to the Allegri Miserere and Tallis Lamentations in the background and found myself in tears a couple of times. I spent most of the service on my knees: it just felt right.

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem: convertere ad Dominum Deum tuum."

God, yes.

Christ, yes.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Did you have to bring your own ashes?
 
That is simply wonderful Mike! I am sorry I missed the service.. on the road and out of contact.

Mark
 
I attended the Ash Wednesday service in Second Life, and found it delightful and moving. I hadn't expected to get much out of it, but I came away feeling centered, and renewed in my faith.
 
I'm not sure how I ended up here.
Possibly clicking from my friend Mark Brown's blog?
Anyway I was pleased to poke around
& see the effect of a second life service;

Blessings on your Lenten journey

Bosco Peters
www.liturgy.co.nz
 
I have yet to attend my first service in SL but I'm looking forward to it. The Ash Wednesday one sounds excellent.

(nice to catch up with you again Mike)

Ailsa
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?