Wednesday, January 23, 2008

 

Title post

I've not been able to talk about this until it's all be approved and agreed, but at 1940 this evening, I handed over my letter of acceptance to Rev. John Blore, who will be my training incumbent in the Halstead Team Ministry, which will be my title post when I'm ordained on June 29th, God willing.

I'm immensely relieved - it's been a long slog - and very happy, as I really like the team, what they're doing, lots of the worship (I've attended a number of services across the team parishes over the past few months), and the members of the team have lots to teach me.

I have three essays left to write: around 9,000 words. And three more weekends. And that's all. Things are feeling close now.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Getting close hmph......

I have just checked out the Halsted site and find I know one of the team there quite well! I've emailed you...

Great news, you seem very happy!
 
Congratulations, Mike! I have met John Blore once - at the time of my uncle's funeral - and found him to be a very decent chap. I hope things go really well for you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?