Friday, January 18, 2008

 

Ello

(backposting) Miri's latest word. Said in response to "Hello, Miri". And whenever the opportunity arises. Lots of crawling forwards and backwards, now at appropriate junctures. She can pull herself up and cruise around as well.

A mate who's one of our good friends, The Rev Gals (Sally, obviously) tells me that I need to do this:

  1. What book have you read in the last six months that has really stayed with you? Why? Ooh, I've read (and re-read) lots of books over the past six months. The Gum Thief by Douglas Coupland is the one I'll choose. Just because it's multi-layered, and very thought-provoking. It's one of those really well-constructed books that I know I'm going to reread lots of times.
  2. What is one of your favorite childhood books? Well, Alan Garner's The Owl Service scared me witless, which I enjoyed. Adult fiction for kids, I'd say.
  3. Do you have a favorite book of the Bible? Do tell! Used to be John, but I've recently come to love Ecclesiastes.
  4. What is one book you could read again and again? Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash. Because I'm a sad geek.
  5. Is there a book you would suggest for Lenten reading? What is it and why? I'm not big on Lenten reading. Maybe I should be. Nothing really springs to mind. Bad me.

Oh, and for the record, I think it's important to say that, contrary to common opinion, it's entirely possible to have real pastoral encounters using email and IM. The person I'm talking about knows what I mean.

Labels:


Comments:
excellent play on the f5 Mike- Coupland is always a good choice- as for IM pastoral encounters etc- I agree even if I am not the person in question!!!

You should join revgals as a guy supporter- we'd love it ( and you would not be alone!).
 
go miri btw....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?