Wednesday, November 07, 2007

 

Seville via Ryanair

(backposting) The Westin Alfonso XIII is one of the nicest hotels in which it has ever been by good fortune to stay. Stunning architecture, accommodation, staff service, food, the lot. Took a while to get here, but that's fine, I guess. There aren't that many direct flights, and though I'm not always a fan of Ryanair, they did OK and we got in on time. The airport's pretty close to the city, and although I was feeling pretty rough (a nasty cold started to attack me yesterday and I was streaming and coughing and sneezing by the time I arrived), I managed a lovely meal before turning in.

On the way over, I had one of those marvellous, though rare, experiences. I was about to go through the security scan, following a couple. The bloke had already gone through, the the woman was held up. A security guard saw us both getting ready, and said "are you together?" The woman stopped a moment, looked me up and down, and said, "I wish."

You can't even hope for that sort of experience, you really can't. Great for the ego...

Reading The Dying Soul, by Mark Cobb, on spiritual care in the hospice and palliative setting. Very interesting.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
tunred on the charm did you???
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?