Friday, October 19, 2007

 

Politics

I don't often comment on politics on this blog, but a couple of things have just presented such a stark contrast over the past few days that I thought I would. Compare the posturings of the Liberal Democratic party (who I'd probably vote for if they could get a bit of a life and drop their ridiculous insistence on Proportional Representation - just look where it got Germany recently) with what's just happened in Pakistan. Benazir Bhutto may not be perfect - in many ways - but when I turned on the news this morning and saw what had happened, I was proud to turn to Jo when a picture of Bhutto came on the screen and say, "That, Jo, is a brave woman." Not to mention, of course, the 130+ people who died, many of whom were unarmed "bodyguards" who were surrounding her armoured coach. God be with them and their families.

Labels: ,


Comments:
well said Mike..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?