Saturday, September 15, 2007

 

Josephine

She's a right pickle. Sometimes good, sometimes _really_ not. Here are a list of some of the Jo-isms for today.

  1. Last night she took an hour to get to bed. It's going to be over that tonight.
  2. Because she was a pain last night, Moo told her that she wouldn't be able to watch Storymakers (one of her favourite TV programmes) tonight. We explained this before turning the TV on after supper tonight, and she seemed to understand. When it came time for it to go on, she calmly walked to the TV and turned it off. Not a hint that she was bothered.
  3. When I took her for a walk today, we came across two road signs. One was a village name sign with a speed restriction, and on the other side of the road, just a the speed restriction. She's just got the concept of "matching", and told me that the numbers on the two signs matched (30, in case you're wondering).
  4. She pointed out the lines on the road, and I asked her what they're for. "So that cars can follow them," she replied. When asked if someone had told her this, or she'd worked it out for herself, she said, "I worked it out for myself, I think"
  5. She was being a real pain about coming back from the beach (East Mersea) to the car. I walked on to put Miri and Buster in the car. She just sat down and refused to come on, so Moo sat down a little further. Jo couldn't see her clearly, and Moo suddenly heard Jo calmly talking to herself: "who's that person? Is it a man, no it's a lady, but I don't think it's Mummy. Mummy and Daddy have gone to the car on their own, and they've left me. I'm all on my own." Not a hint of concern!
  6. At supper tonight, she was refusing to eat her food. She'd finished her cup of drink, so I went to refill it with some water, but when I came back, she insisted on milk, as that's what had been in it previously. I told her that she could have milk if she had some more food, but if she didn't, then she could only have water. After some discussion, she came out with, "I think I want water in my cup."
Basically, she's too clever for us. Threats just get accepted, and she changes her preferences and priorities. On the other hand, she's only 2 and a half, and we can't really expect her to align her plans with ours. Well, we'll keep trying.

Labels:


Comments:
ROTFL....

Good girl, she likes the beach and East Mersea is excellent!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?