Tuesday, September 11, 2007

 

Apologising to the Archbishop of Canterbury

I attended a meeting today with the Bishop of Guildford and his communications officer on SecondLife, and what we should/could be doing there, alongside the leader of the Anglicans in SecondLife group, Mark Brown. We had a fantastic discussion, which should bear lots of fruit, and I had a good chat afterwards with Mark, who'd never met IRL before.

Beforehand, I turned up early to work out where to go, and phoned Mark to give him directions. I was standing in a corridor, giving suggestions down the phone, when who should walk towards me but Rowan Williams. He was chatting to somebody else, and I felt a little rude being on the phone in his palace, so finished the call and said "sorry" as he went past. He raised his eyebrows in a forgiving kind of a way, so I think we made a connection.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?