Friday, August 24, 2007

 

Review

(backposting) Some work on preaching today: special occasions (funerals, weddings, baptisms) and times of year (harvest, Easter, Mothering Sunday, etc.). Useful and interesting.

A very inspiring evening worship (starting with Joan Osbourne's "What if God was one of us?"), then supper, then the Review!

I ended up taking part - to varying degrees - in 5 items, and being satirised in 1. The latter was a sketch taking the piss out of me for my extravagant demands on the choir and the issue of the Methodist Worship Book issue. Apparently some people were worried that I might get offended, but I laughed throughout and was prevailed upon to take a bow at the end...

The five items I was involved with were:

In bed by 0130. Unlike the folks who stayed up till 0530. Really.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Mike that last sketch was great- several people said it was the best review they've seen including Richard M, who has seen more than most!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?