Monday, August 20, 2007

 

Quiet morning

(backposting) A quiet morning - in that we're not supposed to talk. Prayers and address in chapel, and then silent till an Iona Communion. I used the time to polish off all but the references of my essay on music. Apart from the usual day-to-day, fairly quiet until 1630, when we met in groups to do some more discussion of literature again, following up from yesterday. Interesting, and we got quite deeply stuck into some of the questions set.

The evening session was a fascinating talk and then discussion on graphic novels, including manga, and how they're impacting telling of the Gospel - both OT and NT. I really enjoyed this, and would like to get my hands on a particular book Marked by Steve Ross. Not quite sure how I feel about it, but I'd like more time to reflect on it and my reaction.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I used the time to write "Twins". That and a four-mile walk. Very useful, and relaxing.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?