Saturday, June 09, 2007

 

Placements

(backposting) Most of the day we were working on placements, and verbatims that we'll have to do. It was interesting, and I feel much happier about the whole thing now. In the evening, our group led the service. We based it on Psalm 23, and I started the service off with "The Lord's my Shepherd", sung to the well-known tune Crimond. I also led a Taizé chant in the middle of the service: Ubi Caritas. But it was the whole thing put together that worked: we went through each verse with actions, and it was all based in the garden in the middle of the cloisters. Clive did a great job of it, and we had washing of hands; laying out of food; walking along the path; anointing with oil and quiet reflection to music. And a blackbird joined in. It worked really, really well, and we had lots of positive feedback.

It was odd knowing that from tomorrow, I'm going to be a third year. The next ERMC event is the Summer School, and although some of the tomorrow's "leavers" will be there then, it all kicks off then: I'm in my last year.

Labels:


Comments:
excellent service- the best of the weekend!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?