Thursday, June 14, 2007

 

Culture

Is everything homogenised? Do we walk from one airport to another, from one hotel to another, and see the same everywhere? Well, not today. I was sitting at a bus-stop in a small town in Nyköaut;ping in Sweden, waiting for a bus to the airport. There were three children - two boys and a girl from around 5 to 9 - and we had about two words in common between us. But we talked, and we swapped words, and we drew pictures to explain, and we communicated. Children love learning new things, and I do, too. They laughed, I laughed, and I was sad when my bus came.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I can honestly say I've never walked from one airport to another.

I've flown between them though...
 
Sorry, just posted under my Beaker pseudonym by mistake.
 
Oops - did it again.

Gary
 
excellent! :-)
 
Gary you OK or just a little punch drunk from assignment writing- or are you simply becomming the archdruid???
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?