Thursday, March 29, 2007

 

Well, well

Jo's been showing more of an interest in words recently. On the page, that is. For instance, if you read the wrong words to a book she knows, she'll point at the ones on the page and tell you to read those. Also, she asked where the sentences were this morning when I was reading a book, so we had to explain.

This evening at bedtime, Moo was reading her a Topsy and Tim story, and Jo got very frustrated: "where are the words?" Moo pointed at them. "But I can't read them..." So Moo had to point and give her clues, and she told the story. She's started learning the alphabet (it's just another song to her!), but at this rate, we're going to have to decide how to proceed with words. I'm scared, I'm telling you: I'm not trained for this sort of thing!

Maybe she'll just let it go, but she's a dogged little child, so we'll see.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
hmmm a dogged little child- good for her- and obviously this desire to read is a surprise... 'cos you both hate reading I'm sure!!!

btw- there is a new Friday 5 to play on Holy Weeek if you're interested...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?