Wednesday, February 21, 2007

 

Bits and pieces - 2 and Lent

(backposting) The big news of the day is that today is Jo's 2nd birthday. Moo had to spend 5 minutes convincing her of this when she woke up, as we seem to have been saying for ages that it was coming soon. She finally got into it, however, and had lots of presents and cards to open, so she's been a very happy girl today. She was very good at saying "thank you" on the phone to various people, as well, which made us very proud.

I did some work today, as I've been feeling better, and had some voice. A few calls with a customer, and a few emails. I'm still not 100%, but definitely feeling better than I was. Let's hope this continues. I also got close to finishing my personal assessment for the year. This is important, as it goes to the bishop to check that all's on course for ordination, and to help in the selection of my title post (where I'll spend 3-4 years after I'm ordained, which is planned for Spring - well Petertide, actually - next year). I've printed off a copy for Keith to look at to see if he's got any comments or other thoughts.

Lent starts today. Moo asked me if I'm planning to give anything up. I'm not. I've got two resolutions, which are quite timely: to look after myself a little better, and to try to listen to some devotional music (whether classical or not, whether "officially" devotional, or just devotional for me) every day. That's what I need in terms of formation at the moment, I think.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?