Tuesday, January 02, 2007

 

Tired and grumpy and fed up

OK, I admit it: I'm all of the above, of have been at various times of the day. Let's look at some reasons:
  1. for the last week or so, I've been waking up with a nasty sore throat
  2. we're both short of sleep
  3. I've only spent an entire night with Moo in bed twice (I think) over the past 3 weeks
  4. I had a real fight with Jo between 0300 and 0400 about whether she was going to sleep in her own bed (she won: she went in with Moo, and I went to sleep in the spare room again)
  5. I've got an essay to write for Friday
  6. money's looking like a really interesting issue for the next few months
  7. we've got a new baby on the way: of course it's disturbing
  8. there's lots of interesting stuff on at work, but it's keeping me very busy and may well have long-lasting impact on my career
  9. oh, and I'm trying to juggle ERMC work (forget the essay as well!).
These are all fine, really, and I'm feeling a lot more relaxed about all of them than I was at the end of yesterday: we've made the decisions we needed to make, and I'm ready to ride the storm for a bit now.

My blog may not have looked like it over the past few days, but I'm beginning to think more theologically, if that makes sense. My personal seems more imbued with the spiritual (spiritual and theological are closely allied for me), which is probably how ti should be. I'm not sure how closely this marries with the course, but in some ways that probably doesn't matter, as long as I'm keeping things together and covering the course as prescribed.

A bit about Jo

Enough about me. Jo's great. One major change recently is the addition of the word "me" to the the vocabulary. Up until recently, she's referred to herself as "Jojo", but now it's quite often "me", as in "me do puzzle". She's also recently got the concept of being scared. Some things which she took in her stride until now are sometimes scary. She was scared of Father Christmas, and today, at the zoo, she was upset by some free-roaming sheep that were following us and making a lot of noise: "not like, a bit scared". She realises when things _might_ be scary (she's got a couple of books about scary bears, for instance), and sometimes she'll tell you that she's scared, or that you are. This tends to lead to a cuddle, which is definitely appropriate behaviour. She's also very interested in trying to understand emotions from facial expressions, though she often gets "sad" and "scared/frightened" mixed up, which is interesting. Getting an understanding of her emotions, and other people's, too, seems like a sensible thing to be doing, particularly if she knows how to deal with her fears.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
Deep peace of the running waves to you,

Deep peace of the flowing air to you,

Deep peace of the smiling stars to you,

Deep peace of the quiet earth to you,

Deep peace of the watching shepherds to you,

Deep peace of the Son of Peace to you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?