Monday, January 22, 2007

 

Crying at civil servants

In the best of all possible worlds, the act of ordering a new passport shouldn't involve having to cry at any civil servants. But it was all going very well, I'd been awake since 0430, and I'm clearly not well. What a nice man: God bless him for giving me the benefit of the doubt (despite my rector not having filled in part of the form correctly - which I should have checked).

Phoned home, cried. Tube, train, car home. Slept.

OK, so I haven't _really_ taken it easy enough. Will try now. Need to listen to:

  1. medical opinion
  2. Catherine
  3. friends
  4. family
  5. my body
  6. even God.
You live and learn.

Labels: ,


Comments:
You must rest and get well for your family, yourself, anf your little bundle that is baking away. If there is anything we can do to help, even lending baby things you need, etc, let us know. If you want us to have Jo for the day to help, we'd also be happy to do that. Your life will change as you know it in April and you need to be well and happy.

PS This is officially the most depressing day of the year. Things will get better. Let us know when you are better and we will come over and cheer you up.
 
That's really kind. I'm not actually down, just ill...!
 
Take care of yourself- for the sake of your family, your friends, yourself and God.

Rest and heal (sound familiar???0
 
Oh Mike it's that old mind-body separation again. Always knew you light blues were secret Aristotelians.
 
But rest, sit back and watch daytime TV for a few days. Guaranteed to make you at least feel superior to the people on it...
 
Day time TV as a cure ???? Thought it had the effect of making you more depressed- may I suggest music???
 
Last time I was ill I watched daytime TV for an hour or so, then realised I would feel better at work...
 
I guess it could be equal to shock or aversion therapy then... but still ... it'd have to be fairly drastic!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?