Sunday, December 24, 2006

 

Eighteen Lessons and Carols

I listened to the King's Nine Lessons and Carols on Radio 4 today. The first time for a while: I find it difficult, not being there, and particularly at the moment, as I'm missing the amount of music - certainly live liturgical music - that I'd like in my life. But that was a good enough reason to listen to it, in fact. So although I didn't catch all of it - old relatives, young daughter, pregnant wife and all, but I caught most of it. The treble was very nervous at the start of "Once in Royal", but did very well once he got into it.

We then went to Rempstone church for their local one. Jo did pretty well, but found it difficult keeping still - and quiet, come to that - but it didn't matter. Enjoyed the service, and I'm gearing up for the Gift.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
May God bless and keep you Mike- may your heart and soul be filled with music even when your lips and ears aren't.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?