Saturday, November 25, 2006

 

Sleep, blessed sleep

Slept in till 0600, then back down till 0800. This didn't make me very popular, as Jo had been in with Moo (we were sleeping in separate rooms) and up and down with a temperature from about 0230. I also had another 45 minutes just after lunch. Luckily, Moo got some during the day as well, so I'm not in too much trouble.

We spent the morning - Moo, Jo, Kate and I - in the ever-exciting Loughborough. Books and stuff for Jo and cousins at reduced prices, loo insert to leave at Kate and Macs, and other similar excitement. After lunch, we popped to a garden centre which also had lots of Christmas decorations, nodding reindeer, fluffy snowmen and the like. Jo enjoyed herself running around looking at everything, and we took lots of pictures, some of which came out very well.

I'm preaching tomorrow (Great Yeldham, 11am, if anyone's interested). The gospel reading is Luke 21:25-36. I don't often find the Church Times' readings article hugely inspiring for sermons, but it's sometimes worth reading. This week's one has given me some ideas, so I'll work out a sermon structure tonight or as we drive home. I'll be talking about how many - if not all generations - have had concerns and worries, but that Jesus' words "Now when these things begin to take place, stand up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near" should give us great hope and, indeed, rest.


Comments:
Good article- this "Jesus says that, as the end of the world approaches, we shall experience aporia. We shall no longer feel sure about all that once had seemed so certain." not surprisingly rang true for me!

Hope the sermon goes well tomorrow- and that you all make it home in one piece...interestingly our gospel reading is John 18: 33-37, and I thought we were on almost the same page there! Ah well
 
... actually you both sound frazzled any chance of some real time off????

Prayers for peace and blessing!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?