Saturday, November 04, 2006

 

Saturday - a full day

Sally's blog for today is a very good description of the day. The service she organised was very good - I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it to start with, but it worked very well. I found the use of a map of the world and some finger paint for us to use to mark places for forgiveness particularly powerful. I marked the poles - I felt that we could really use some forgiveness from God for our effect on the climate.

I, too, was impressed by the session/testimony of one of the other students on his membership of the Community of Aidan and Hilda, and surprised by the reception and general lack of understanding evidenced by some of the questions.

Went to bed around 0015, which impressed me.


Comments:
I was very pleased with the evening service and glad you found it meaningful. Interaction is often scary and unsettling if we are not used to it... I was worried about being stoned with my own stones!

Wish I'd gone to bed early but as I said others have stayed up late with me falling to bits before- this time it was my turn to pick up the bits! What goes around comes around???
 
You "went to be"? How ontological was that?

A bit like me in the evening service. I didn't want to paint, carry stones around (for some bizarre reason I ended up with an acorn rather than a stone) or look at mirrors. But it was such a relief to have a service where I didn't have torrents of words thrown at me. I could just "be" in the corner. Thanks very much, Sally.
 
Gary just glad you could "be"... being was a part of what was on offer.

as for the acorn it must have been a left over from the "Ice Age!!!"

Watch out for the squirrel....
 
OK, so I've corrected "went to be" (now "went to bed").
 
I wonder how often we really need to go and be... maybe you shouldn't have changed it!!! As you know grammar and spelling are so important to my blogging!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?