Friday, November 24, 2006

 

Loughborough

Things continue busy, to the extent that my colleagues are a little worried, but I think things will be OK. I got loads done before our 1000 weekly call, and after that drove Moo to Witham station for a meeting. On getting back, I loaded Jo and lots of stuff into my car, and headed off to Kate and Mac's (my parents-in-law), to spend the weekend. Jo slept for a good hour, I managed to make some very useful calls, and we got there in time for me to hand Jo over to her grandparents for the afternoon, and to do lots more work. Things are looking seriously more tractable than they were around 1800 last night.

Things are tight, though, and I need to find time for myself. I enjoyed some of the sacred choral music I had on while I drove and Jo slept, so I did have a little time to myself.

Moo took the train up from London and joined us in the evening. Jo woke up again - as she often does for the first night in an unfamiliar place - and spent the evening with us, which we really can't find it in ourselves to begrudge. Unluckily, I'd failed to look at my diary properly when we planned this weekend, and I can't get cover for the service I'm taking at Great Yeldham on Sunday, so we're going to have to go back earlier than we'd hoped. Moo's being much more reasonable about this than I have any right to expect, particularly after last Sunday (see blogs passim).


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?