Wednesday, November 29, 2006

 

Evening prayer

(backposting) I was ensconced (had to look the spelling for that up - "s" or "c" at the end?) at a customer site doing support until 2000 last night. Not good. But we had some real progress, which was certainly a good thing, and it means that I shouldn't need to be around too much tomorrow. Agreed to come in for some of the morning, though - mainly for political reasons.

I'd hoped to be here first thing in the morning, but Mel phoned in sick at 0730, so I took the morning shift, allowing Moo to get to her first meeting - and rearrange her second. Set off to M25 J13 and got there around 1400, spent the rest of the day there.

Booked into a hotel absolutely _shattered_, and decided to say evening prayer before heading out for a drink and some supper in the restaurant. It was a really great, calming experience. I really try to maintain the cycle of the evening office when I'm travelling - it doesn't always work - but today I just needed it, and it really grounded me. I was able to go to supper feeling much more calm and settled. Sometimes it all comes together.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?