Saturday, November 18, 2006

 

Essay, walk, swim, essay

So, Jo was up around 0230 this morning. I went in 4 times. Moo did the last one, and she finally settled. We have no idea what she wanted (and I doubt she did, either). Luckily she slept in till 0745.

Moo had agreed to look after her in the morning, allowing me to start my essay on Mission. Things started to fall apart around lunchtime, so I stopped what I was doing, and joined in. Moo, bless her, is/was knackered, and really needed a hand. Jo wasn't helping by refusing to have a midday nap. She's also at that "I know, I'll push every boundary I can find, and press any of Mummy and Daddy's buttons that I can work out", which is particularly hard for a tired and hormonal pregnant Moo. I took Jo out for a walk after a lunch, and then almost straight out to swimming. Found an open swimming pool on the second try (phew!), and Jo had a lovely time. She's actually really close to swimming: if she can just be convinced to move her arms, too, she'll have a working doggy paddle. Her legs are kicking _almost_ enough to support her, but I'm too much of a wuss (read "loving, responsible parent") just to let her go when she's out of her depth, and see if she sinks or swims.

Anyway, I'm not sure I've seen her so tired before at bedtime, or not for a long while, so she went to sleep easily.

We had a some supper, watched a little of Green Wing (series 1) on DVD, Moo went to bed, and I've spent the last 2 and a half hours finishing my Mission essay! Yay! More tomorrow, probably.


Comments:
Right what is the trick to finishing the bloody thing... I keep going round in circles... too much of a perfectionist! I've decided it is going to Wesley with Tim on Weds so giving myself a deadline helps!!! Thought I'd finished it the other night but been tinkering with it all day! Between gardening bouts...

Glad you had a good day with Jo and that you are spending a bit of time at home!
 
I found that sitting up with Jo in the middle of the night gave me quite a lot of focus! Worked out what I was going to say, then just sat down and wrote it in two sittings.

Doesn't always work, but happened to this time.
 
Hmm, so I need to borrow a 2(ish) year old do I? Sitting up late with teens and twenties just means getting involved in long and complicated conversations and the brain becomes sludge!

I am determined to get some stuff done this week,happily tho- in the absence of a tutor Ian has decided to fulfil that role for me 'til after Christmas! Yay -someone who makes sense! I've really appreciated the short bursts of teaching he has provided for us.
 
ah I have discovered the answer- wake up at 5:30 am ( no help from my children here) and simply plug away at the damn thing! Yay it worked... one down two to go!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?