Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 

ECC 2006 - day 1

(backposting) Got 8 hours of sleep, which was astonishing, so was only up at 0600, which is probably a record for me, the first day after travel. The problem from last week kept being a problem through the day, but in the end, I worked out what was going on, and the customer made an important step forward, which was very pleasing.

At ECC 2006, a conference on Elliptic Curve Cryptography arranged by Certicom (for whom I work, of course). Very interesting, and some very good people to meet - which I thought probably wouldn't be the case. Ended up with Scott Vanstone and his mates, went to dinner, then ended up in the bar with a bunch of other Certicom folks. Got to bed around 0030, which wasn't very bright, and although I didn't drink in _moderation_ as such, I didn't completely overdo it, and drank lots of water...

Bit annoyed that none of the research group has read the patent suggestion that I put together a while ago. I'd hoped to talk about it this week, but it looks like I'm going to have to do it another time: possibly coming over in December at some point.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?