Saturday, October 28, 2006

 

Stick insect

(backposting) I half remember a game of charades years ago which led to someone putting their arms straight up in the air, going stiff and shouting "stick insect" was very funny. But I can't remember the context.

Got up this morning and Moo took Jo shopping while I did my expenses for the past couple of weeks. Lots to claim, as usual, and I managed to find nearly 300 quid that I'd missed on a previous one, which was a relief. Sorted out our general expenses, too. We then went out to meet Simon (hi, Simon!), one of Jo's godparents for lunch at the Bell in Castle Hedingham. Simon was still in his house, clearing out his stick insects. He started with one, and now has scores of the things. We headed off the pub, and he joined us later. And then Moo discovered a stick insect on his shirt, and we pretty much lost it. Why bring a stick insect to lunch at the pub? Why would you do that? So Simon put him in a tankard on the mantlepiece, and we collected him once we'd finished.

We then went to one of our regular haunts, Colchester Zoo. They had a Hallowe'en day on (do you see what I did with "haunt", there? Did you?), so there were lots of kids in costumes. We weren't, but had the usual lovely time.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?