Monday, October 23, 2006

 

Say hello! - #0

I've just looked at the stats, and over the time that I've been writing this blog, then number of hits I get a day has increased. That's kind of good, obviously. But it's also a bit sad that I don't know who you are. So, I'm going to try to start an irregular feature: it's feedback time.

I'd very much like to hear from anyone who reads this blog. Regularly, irregularly, frequently, infrequently. Tell me what you like, what you don't like. More theology? Less travel updates? Who knows? I'd just like to hear. So speak up. And I'm including regulars like Fi (it's part of your godmotherly duty, obviously), Sally, Gary, Mark, Si, D. and the rest. Have your say. You can even do it anonymously if you like.

Oh, and for those of you who care:

Mini-update: just changed the title when I realised that I'd started counting from 1, rather than 0. How embarassing.


Comments:
Relationship between Trinity and creation?

I see the doctrine of Trinity in itself almost an impulse to God's act of creation? If God were a truly monotheistic, single entity then where would God's motive be? God would be either so self-sufficient that creation wouldn't matter, or so needy for relationship as not to be truly God.
It's the nature of Trinity that love is shared - and then shared again. That open-ness to sharing provides the dynamic for Creation - where the love between Father and Son is shared with the variety and multitude of creatures.
 
... agreeing with Gary here ( don't be so shocked Gary) but I also see the the open-ness to sharing as providing the dynamic for creation;
exisitng in the Spirit, moulded by the son and created by the Father- from God through God and in God (Moltmann)...this concept of trinitarian creation binds together the immanence and transcendence of God....

The mystery is that this act of creation is ongoing and we are invited to participate-

"We are all in him enclosed and he is enclosed in us."- Julian of Norwich
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?