Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 

A good meeting, and a drive to East Sussex

(backposting) As the title says, we had a good meeting - in fact, a very good meeting - and I caught the plane back to LHR. Managed to remember to pick up the books I'd left on the plane on the way out, and rather enjoyed continuing reading Romanitas by Sophia McDougall. Interesting novel about what sort of a world and culture we'd live in if the Roman empire had never fallen.

Didn't leave Heathrow until past 2120, didn't get to East Sussex until 2245. Kate and Mac hired a cottage for a week, and the whole family turned up: I was the last to arrive, and Moo had got there with Jo on Tuesday afternoon. A lovely cottage, thatched, wood burning stove, that sort of thing. But boy, was I knackered when I got there. East Sussex is like North Carolina in that Sussex is in two parts (like Carolina) when you might not expect it to.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?