Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 

"Ordinary, decent Americans"

So, I'm in Washington - well, actually in Sterling - and I managed to pop into the office as I caught an earlier plane than I'd expected. No upgrade, unluckily - I need some more miles on my Star Alliance card - but it was quite a quiet flight, so I had 3 seats to myself. Watched the (very bizarrely named) Inside Man. Moo would have loved it, because it has Denzel Washington in it, but would also have hated it because it had a twist at the end. Had a sleep, read some of Faith Seeking Understanding by Daniel L. Migliore, which is part of the reading for the coming weekend (well, optional, but it's the book that I've got). Interesting so far, and I hope I'm going to enjoy the semester.

Need to meet a colleague on Thursday, if I can, and do some bridge-building. I didn't do a great job of making this person feel happy at a meeting a while ago, and so hopefully we can get things straightened out a bit.

The title for today is a phrase I've just heard on MSNBC. A bizarrely US phrase.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?