Saturday, September 23, 2006

 

Lots of hard work

So, up at 0645, and to the bath. Unluckily, the hot water was more third gospel than Shadrach, Meshack and Abednigo (that's a biblical joke - not a very good one, admittedly), so I shelved that idea, and decided that as the day was looking lovely - a little foggy, but burning off), I'd go for walk for 45 minutes. That gave me enough time to get to the outskirts of Thwaite and back, keeping a good 4 miles an hour pace. It was warm enough for me to take my top off, so I didn't get too smelly, but I did feel for whoever was sitting next to me at morning worship.

Three sessions over the day with Richard Morgan and Ian McIntosh (when he managed to get a word in...), introducing some of the main questions (such as revelation vs tradition vs Scripture vs experience for authority) in the "Christian God" module which is one of the ones I'm taking this semester. Had a chat with Ian about what exactly I'm going to do this year as far as assignments. He was very happy to look at the suggestions that Helen came up with over summer school about music and lessons from the Orthodox tradition. I was really taken by him as a person and as an educator, and I like where he seems to be coming from theologically, too.

Had a nice bath in the afternoon, and then a kip. I'd noticed this morning that my bed had broken - not sure if this happened last night, or was like that when I got here yesterday - but it didn't stop me sleeping for an hour or so.

Evening worship, supper, "Community Matters" (under 55 minutes), then bar. Some interesting discussions. Not all easy. Didn't get to sleep until 0300 or so, which was far from optimal.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?