Saturday, September 02, 2006

 

Big girl bed

Went into Cambridge today and bought a quilt and pillow (and, for later, a duvet) for Jo. She got to ride on a bus, which made her happy, and we went to Chili's, where the staff were fantastic with Jo, and the food OK too: we'll go back.

When we got back, I chose some hymns for the service I'm taking tomorrow (0930 at Stambourne church - feel free to pop round). I'm really bad at choosing hymns, and it wasn't helped by the fact that I'd not yet decided what to preach about. I have now: militaristic language in church - good or bad? Or other, obviously. So, I just chose hymns that I like and that I think other people will know and like.

Did some gardening - Moo bought some plants last weekend, if you remember - and we cleared some space. Jo got to see: slugs; snails; spiders (various types); a centipede; a caterpillar; several frogs; and some beetles. So she was happy again.

She took around an hour to get to sleep tonight in her new bed (the cot we bought can be converted to a bed, and I made the changes this afternoon). Not an unmitigated sucess.


Comments:
militaristic language ? for or against... or both?
Sounds like an interesting sermon ... text?
 
I hope you included JM Neale's classic:

"Christian, dost thou see them
On the holy ground?
How the troops of Midian
Prowl and prowl around?
Christian, up and smite them,
Counting gain but loss;
Smite them by the merit
Of the holy cross."

Great favourite of Bertie Wooster
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?