Tuesday, August 08, 2006

 

Old tomorrow

Not a big deal, really, but tomorrow feels like a big day, because I turn 36. Why, you ask, is this such a big birthday? I think it's because, for me, my childhood finished and I became an adult with the completion of my A levels. I'd been at boarding school from age 8, and leaving school was when I started my adulthood. And I took my A levels when I was 18. Twice 18 is 36. Not actually bovvered, but here it comes.

We've just booked a holiday for next year, which is astonishingly early for us. Sophie and Steve are getting married in Padstow in July next year, so we've booked a cottage from Rural Retreats, a perennial favourite company for us since we stayed in one of their cottages over our honeymoon.

I'm sorry that Sally's feeling overwhelmed by paperwork. Books and theology and discussion should be about giving us ways to think anew, and discuss and cross-fertilise with other Christians and non-Christians. Having said that, it's very easy to become bogged down, and I'm sorry that's happened. I hope that the summer school helps - I think it's her (your) first one, so we'll see how it goes. God is the logos - the word read, the word thought, the word held, the word acted, the word unspoken and the word spoken.


Comments:
Thank you old father Mike- such words of wisdom. You are right it is my first Summer School with ERMC, not sure at this point that it is what I need but hey, we will see...It will be my third summer school this year, I've taught at two, with one to go after that... teaching again- part of my frustration is that I am covering the same old groud, especially in the context of mission- I am all talked and thought out...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TOMORROW... 36 IS NOT SO BAD HONEST!
 
I've dealt with the problem of too much to read by not reading anything. Any chance anyone can lend me the book next Friday?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?