Wednesday, August 30, 2006

 

Off to Helsinki (Sennon!)

(backposting) Jo was pleased today, because she was going to see her friend Sennon again. Victoria had kindly offered to look after Jo for a few hours due to a difficult set of circumstances: A little overkill, but given the stories we've been hearing about airports (more Heathrow, to be honest), I thought I'd try to give myself 4 hours or so to get through Stansted, which was bound to be heaving.

I had Jo from 1230 or so, which was tricky, as a number of calls came in, but I managed it all. Over lunchtime, I took her for a walk, and we popped in to see Claudia and Stella. They're both well, and harvest proceeding to plan, if a little slowly (given the weird weather we've been having).

So I dropped Jo off at Victoria's, and was off by around 1537 (what a relief, given how hard it was to get Jo sorted and in the car). Got to Stansted at 1605 for a 1955 flight. And it was pretty quiet. I spent half and hour taking calls, managed to check in early at a deserted checkin, and took almost exactly 8 minutes to go through security. Yes, 8 minutes. 4 hours really _was_ overkill. Still, did some duty-free shopping - finally bought myself an mp3/ogg player (Samsung YP-U2, 1GB), got a shirt from Austin Reid (non-iron: they're brilliant for business trips), some aftershave and a bottle of Caol Ila 12 year old (bliss!) - had some food, and basically took things nice and easy.

Got to Helsinki around 0050 local. Bed by 0130/0200 or so.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?