Friday, August 18, 2006

 

Off to ERMC

(backposting) Spent quite a lot of time sorting bits and pieces for work, despite the fact that I was supposed to be on holiday. Blackberries are terrible for this, but I made a conscious decision to leave it at home for the week away, which should help me keep away from work. There's going to be lots to sort out when I get home.

Got to Ditchingham on time, and was really quite stressed to discover that I had a big room with 3 beds. Unlike other years, the course had said that we weren't allowed to bring families to stay, and although Moo wouldn't have come with Jo for the entire 8 days, she would almost certainly have come for a day or two, and I was very aware that it's going to be the longest I've ever been away from Jo. Started the day with sherry, then supper, Bible study with the rest of Group D, then night prayer with them.

I was in charge of night prayer, and did a cut down BCP choral evensong. I chose the Nunc Dimittis from Gibbons' Short Service, and Bainton "And I saw a New Heaven" (which we had at our wedding, and is therefore very special to me. It went very well, and I was touched that a number of people asked more about it, and how it fits into my tradition.

After that, to the bar for the first of many late nights. In bed by 0130 or so, I think...


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?