Tuesday, August 15, 2006

 

Installation

I went to the installation of the new incumbent of Helions Bumpstead and Steeple Bumpstead this evening, which I enjoyed. I'd not been to one before, and I knew the church (Steeple) and some of the people, as I've taken services and preached there. Keith was there, too, and I had a good chat with some people - clergy and lay - afterwards. Almost like having a local set of peers. Almost. :-)

Finished a coding project today, and I'm well chuffed with myself. It's an implementation of a protocol I designed for work, and although I'm not sure if they'll be interested in it, it was good practice and really got me working with the Java crypto classes at a fairly deep level.


Comments:
almost are a set of peers I guess- but hey you have the ordainment group how scary is that!!!
 
I didn't realise Steeple Bumpstead really existed! Thought it was just a place in sit-coms.
Cool.
 
there is no pump there though!!!
 
Nempnett Thrubwell (just _say_ it) also exists - it's near my parents. And Marsh Gibbon (though that's not near my parents).
 
Around the Northampton / MK area, we have Husborne Crawley, which always strikes me as being named after a bloke called Husborne. I've been to Marsh Gibbon - out between MK and Oxford. Crazy name, not-so-crazy place.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?