Saturday, August 12, 2006

 

Contextual Theology

Well, I know that Gary hated the book, but I thought it was very good. I don't fully endorse exclusively any of the different models that Bevans outlines, but I think that's all to the good. I'd say that I regard the anthropological, praxis and countercultural models with particular suspicion - I suspect that Gary might espouse the last of these as his main model, and I'd be interested to see if he can be convinced to read at least that chapter in order to tell me whether I'm misrepresenting him.

Comments:
Interesting Mike so come on explain a little more your thinking regarding the countercultural model- do you have a specific problem with this model of does it simply go against the grain?
 
I'm not saying anything about the book. I'm sure it will be great when the English translation comes out.
 
Having skip-read the models, by only reading the descriptions and only reading the words I could understand, I think I'm probably an old-fashioned translationist. Which makes a lot of sense.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?