Sunday, August 27, 2006

 

Church

Jo didn't sleep desparately well, and in the end, Moo had to take her into the spare room. Up around 0715 in the end, and I took Jo downstairs to let Moo sleep a bit more. Around 0945, I took Jo off to Holy Trinity, Long Melford for communion (with baptism). Jo really likes church, and it was a good service: good hymns ("dinging" = "singing"), organ music (to which Jo danced), and a very well-pitched sermon with whose sermon I agreed strongly. I took her up for a blessing when I took communion, and she stood at the brass rail. When it was time to leave, she said "more!", and had to be pulled away. We went cross-spotting before (which we've done before, and she likes), and afterwards I spoke to the Rector to find out whether he'd consider having me do a placement in the parish as part of my ordination training this year. I even managed to get Jo saying "Amen", which should be useful in the longer term...

Off to the Crazy Boar for lunch, back home, slept for an hour, then play with Jo. Compared to yesterday, she went down amazingly quickly - under 4 minutes, even given the fact that someone phoned us about a minute in.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?